The Purpose of The Bandicoot Banter

So here I am, on the web.  A sophomore in college that likes to write in his free time but really doesn't ever know what to write about.  I've published a failed novel and have 20-something incomplete titles that either I never find the time to finish, or I just lose interest.  And who knows? This platform might just turn out to be another failure on the long list of writing failures by Jeremy Bandicoot.  Which is actually my real name by the way, my first name really isn't Bullet.  For a long time I had this huge identity crisis thing where I wanted to change my online alias to my real name...it wasn't pretty and has actually been a stain on my shoulder for a while.  I hope this platform doesn't end up on my list of failures, because I honestly do like writing about video games, and that might be my problem.  With novels or books, there is very little room for video game discussion and banter, and the writer really can't talk directly to the reader in most instances.  Anyway, the real purpose of this blog is to relay interesting things in the gaming world, usually about retro games, that I would like to share with the world if the world is even listening.  I don't anticipate this page getting much attention, but if it does that would be fantastic.  I used to think that I was the most interesting person in the world, which is why I kept writing so many titles.  However, as I have grown up and become more in tune with the real world, I would like to think that I have been somewhat humbled.  If this platform doesn't take off, it can just be chocked up to the list of failures that I have grown for most of my life.  Although this time, I won't be disappointed and I won't blame other outside 'circumstances' for my shortcoming.  It would just mean that either my search engine optimization was sub par, or my content really wasn't all that enthralling or intriguing.  And I'd be fine with that, if my content isn't worth readers' attention, then it means that this medium isn't for me.  Anyway, the content that I will be posting to this blog could really be anything I feel like centered around video games.  Anything from Easter Eggs in games to how I feel about video game developments as well as how I feel about video game franchises.  The list is truly endless as to what I could talk about on this blog, but I will say that my first topic (since I've already developed an outline for it for another website that wouldn't hire me as a blogger) will be Easter Eggs that can be found in the Crash Bandicoot games.  As you can tell by both my last name as well as the blog name, I am a bit of a Crash Bandicoot fan and find it fitting that my first official blog post be about his games.  I won't mash this page with Crash Bandicoot, or any one game in particular.  It will mainly just be hashpash (haugepauge? haushpaush?...screw it we'll just say random) games that I feel like talking about at the time and feel like going in-depth with.  Obviously for the Easter Egg stuff I will have to do some research, but with a topic like gaming I really won't have much issue doing so due to my intrigue with the subject matter.  It's not like one of those college papers that I have to write every other week (really though, those things are disgusting). So in short, basically what I'm saying is that I want to post content that both the reader as well as I will find both entertaining and intriguing, and not post things that are boring and stale.  If you want to stick around, great! If not, that's cool too! Hope you guys like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratchet and Clank Trivia/Interesting Facts

Who Would Win? (Battle I) Crash Bandicoot VS Spyro the Dragon

Superhero Spotlight #1: The Green Lantern (DC Comics)