My Predictions for Wrestlemania 33


It's that time of year again ladies and gentlemen.  Wrestlemania is this week and everyone is excited and fired up! Unless you're a hardcore fan in which case you are dreading why the booking is why the way it is and are complaining about how Goldberg and Lesnar are contending for the WWE Universal title...in fact you're probably still complaining about the Universal title's name but- that's neither here nor there! The bottom line is that I'm excited, you're excited, and the WWE is excited.  So to get into the Wrestlemania spirit, I thought I'd share my two cents as to what is going to happen at the showcase of the immortals.

I am also going by order of the matches as listed on bleacherreport.com, so if my order is off, blame them.

Pre-Show


2017 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

This one is definitely a tough one to call, as it has a lot of no-names in it such as Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, and Jinder Mahal, but it also features the reigning Smackdown Tag Team Champions, the Usos (Which I am still bitter at the fact that they are the only champions on WWE Television NOT defending their titles at 'Mania, as that would have been a perfect time to insert the Hardy Boyz, but it's whatever), Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, and Braun Strowman.  

How I see this going down is either Ziggler going over due to shenanigans, or Zayn going over because Strowman and Big Show are having a stare down and the underdog from the underground eliminates them both with help from either Ziggler or some face tag teams.  

#2 Choice - Ziggler

#1 Choice - Sami Zayn



Alexa Bliss (c) VS Smackdown Women's Division in a Battle Royal for the Smackdown Women's Championship

This match is another match I can see going a lot of ways, and I'm excited to see who some of the surprise participants could be.  I would love to see Asuka get the call up, but there is no way she would win the match, thus ending her long undefeated streak.  I would also love to see Paige step into the ring on this occasion, but it is very unlikely since she is still nursing her neck injury and recovering from her sex tape scandal that is still plaguing the internet.  

One very likely scenario would be to see Eve Torres in the battle royal, as she has been rumored to be in talks with WWE on a potential deal.  It is also exciting to see Naomi back in the mix, and I think that the amount of fan support she had behind her when she won the Smackdown Women's Championship the first time will help her secure the win here.

Winner - Naomi



Neville (c) VS Austin Aries for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

May I say first off how livid I am that this match was set on the Pre-Show? I mean Austin Aries put it best that they're just improving the Pre-Show but come on...anyway I expect this to be an amazing match.  I'm still loving heel Neville's work, as I've always been a fan of his and he is still doing great things with this gimmick.  Austin Aries is definitely going to rock the house as well with what he can do, and I definitely see the veteran going over here.  Whatever happens, expect some awesome cruiserweight action for this match and hopefully we'll see some prestige added to the Cruiserweight strap.

Winner - Austin Aries


Wrestlemania Card


The Club (c) VS Sheamus and Cesaro VS Enzo and Cass in a Triple Threat Ladder Match for the RAW Tag Team Championships

I see this match being incredible.  We haven't seen a triangle tag team ladder match in a long time, in fact I think the only 6-man ladder matches we've seen since the original triangle tag team ladder matches have been Money in the Bank ladder matches (don't quote me, as I haven't researched that statistic), bottom line though, it's been a while.  And you know, maybe it won't even be a triangle tag team ladder match, maybe...just maybe...it will turn into one more team coming into the fray.  Think about it, as soon as the Hardy Boyz were confirmed with their broken trademark, and as soon as they revealed that they would be able to wrestle for WWE as soon as wrestlemania, the title match was announced as a ladder match.  This could simply be an homage to Team Extreme, but I wouldn't be surprised if The Hardy Boyz made their WWE return on the grandest stage of 'em all in a ladder match for the tag titles.  Wouldn't that be a hell of a way to return? I mean it fits their broken gimmick.  They'd be able to say that they went to Meekmahan's greatest stage and beat three of his best teams and captured gold their first night back.  But again, this is all mere speculation.  Even without Team Extreme, this should be a hell of a match.  I can definitely see Enzo and Cass going over strictly because they haven't been the champs yet, and it would set them up with a great feud with the other two teams post 'mania.

Winner:

If The Hardy Boyz return - The Hardy Boyz

If The Hardy Boyz don't return - Enzo and Cass



John Cena & Nikki Bella VS The Miz & Maryse

There really isn't much to say about this match, more so the heat that has fueled it.  Cena and Miz have been cutting amazing promos in the past few weeks for this match, but honestly I've never really liked mixed tag team matches.  I didn't really like Cena and Miz's main event at 'Mania a few years ago either, but who knows? Maybe their chemistry is better now and it'll be a good match?  We can always hope.  Anyway, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen after this one.  Cena and Nikki are going to get the win because it's going to be her retirement match, and after she makes a retirement speech, Cena will propose.  Whoop de doo.

Winners - John and Nikki Cena



Bayley (c) VS Sasha Banks VS Charlotte Flair VS Nia Jax in an elimination Fatal 4 Way Match for the RAW Women's Championship

I can see this match being an awesome showcase of 4 women who can do amazing things in the ring. Despite her critics, I am still a huge Nia Jax fan.  I think she has the ability to physically dominate the women's division similar to how Beth Pheonix did in her time (and look at Beth Pheonix now).  I believe this match could be the kick-start as to just how powerful and intimidating Nia Jax can be, as I can see a spot where all 3 women are trying to knock her down and Jax won't be having any of it, throwing the other women around like rag dolls.  I really hope this match establishes what a powerhouse Jax can be.  Anyway, here's how I see the eliminations going:

After about 6-7 minutes of fighting, Bayley or Sasha Banks gets the pin on Charlotte

After about another 5 minutes of fighting, Bayley gets Nia Jax down and is stabbed in the back by Sasha Banks, turning her heel.  Banks then pins Bayley

Sasha and Jax fight for another 4 minutes with the announcers hyping whoever is going to be the new champion, and Jax gets the fall over Sasha.

Winner: Nia Jax


Chris Jericho (c) VS Kevin Owens for the WWE United States Championship

This match.  Ooooohhhhh this match.  So much buildup! For months and months it's been brewing and teased and finally we get the payoff! Ladies and gentlemen this is how you tell a proper story.  This is how you feel, and love, and ache, and cry.  To former best friends going at it because of a betrayal.  I cannot wait for this match and honestly I think it has every potential to be one of the matches of the night.  However, with all of that being said, the outcome stands as pretty predictable, as Jericho has already gone on record saying the the had plans with his band, Fozzy, post 'Mania.  As great as this match will be, it sucks that we pretty much already know the finish.

Winner - Kevin Owens


Dean Ambrose (c) VS Baron Corbin for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

I like the hell out of this rivalry.  It takes me back to the edgy attitude era where nobody seemed to give a crap about family friendly or PG or anything like that.  We've got a lunatic fringe vs a lone wolf, in a match that is meant to exemplify these guys' hate for one another.  It's going to be a fantastic match, and I definitely feel like it will be the conclusion to this saga and the beginning of a wonderful title run for Corbin after having him go over in a hellacious match.

Winner : Baron Corbin


Seth Rollins VS Triple H in an Unsanctioned Match

This is another match that has been brewing for quite a long time and I love it.  The only thing that I don't love about it is that Triple H needs to get his ass off of the Wrestlemania card.  I honestly hope that this will be his last Wrestlemania, and it would make sense given the fact that I think he's going to put Rollins over in order to re-establish Rollins as a top face, and set up a rivalry with Triple H's new stable with Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens.  Whatever happens, I'm expecting a lot of extreme and hardcore spots given the rivalry between these two.

Winner - Seth Rollins


Shane McMahon VS AJ Styles

This match has me very worried for Shane.  Like...a lot.  I've seen the set that they are constructing for 'Mania and all I can think of is, "Shane is going to jump off of one of these things and he's going to freakin' die."  My feeling is that this match isn't going to end in the traditional way.  I see these guys turning a traditional match into a street fight and not letting the end of the match bell stop them from whatever it is they are wanting to do to one another.  I feel like they're not going to stop until one of them isn't moving and is laid out on the floor, which will definitely make for some quality entertainment.

Result - Double Count Out turned Street Fight



The Undertaker VS Roman Reigns

This match.  I am very nervous for this match.  I feel like it could either go really really good, or really really bad.  My number one worry is that The Undertaker is not in good physical shape at all, so the match will either be really short or we will see The Undertaker with the speed of Andre the Giant.  My number two worry is that Roman Reigns will demolish the deadman in similar fashion to Goldberg demolishing Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series (not quite as quick, but you get the picture).  And my third worry is that this is going to be Undertaker's final Wrestlemania and he's going to put Roman Reigns over.  While that will be spectacular for Reign's inevitable heel turn, I worry with how WWE will do it.  If they go that route, which I have a feeling they will, they need to have it as a long match if Taker can take it, instead of a squash match which will, in turn, turn the streak into nothingness.

Winner : Roman Reigns


Bray Wyatt (c) VS Randy Orton for the WWE Championship

Another match that has been building for a long time, Randy Orton infiltrated the Wyatt family and destroyed it from the inside.  Then he burned the remains of sister Abigail and sent her to hell.  Pretty screwed up stuff right there, but do you really expect anything less from the Apex Predator? I am absolutely loving this rivalry and I hope nothing more than to keep Bray Wyatt elevated at this level, which will come with his ultimate revenge on Randy Orton at Wrestlemania.  In my eyes what will happen is Bray coming to Wrestlemania seeking vengeance for his broken family and sister Abigail, thus coming to 'Mania stronger than he ever has been before.  I am expecting this to be the match of the night, as both of these guys can do so much together, but in the end I see the eater of worlds going over because of some help from a former family member in the form of Erick Rowan returning to action and supporting his family.  I can also see Bo Dallas making an appearance and turning into the newest member of the Wyatt family, but that can also be saved for future episodes of Smackdown Live.

Winner - Bray Wyatt


Goldberg (c) VS Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship

This is probably the match I'm most nervous about.  I don't know that Goldberg can put on a match over 4 minutes, but I know he's going under either way.  Goldberg is just too old to handle that sort of strain in my opinion.  I've heard reports that the match is supposed to go for 10+ minutes, but I just don't see Goldberg's body lasting that long.  After Lesnar beats him, I really hope Goldberg stays retired, because I'm done seeing his botchy and stale promos along with his 2 moves.  I know he's billed to be a monster, but you can't be a monster when you can't last 4 minutes in the ring.

Winner : Brock Lesnar


As I was making this list I realized that I'm predicting that every championship will switch hands except for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships (because they aren't being contested) and the WWE Championship.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Anyway, if you're thinking other things for 'Mania, let me know in the comments section!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratchet and Clank Trivia/Interesting Facts

Who Would Win? (Battle I) Crash Bandicoot VS Spyro the Dragon

Superhero Spotlight #1: The Green Lantern (DC Comics)